From BEAM Robotics Wiki
We apologize for the need to display ads on this wiki. But somehow we must pay for hosting.
- The observable manifestation of the interactions that take place between the sensory and motor functions of the physical and nervous systems of a creature or robot as it responds to stimulus from the environment that it inhabits, and the conditions of, and within its own body.
Sorry folks, but that is as simple as I could put it and still include all that is involved in what we call behavior.
 Also See:
- Are BEAM Robots Dumb
- Feeding and Moving Behaviors
- Making Your Robot Behave
- Stacking Up Sensor or Behaviour
- VEHICLES - Experiment in Synthetic Psychology -- By: Valentino Braitenberg
- Cambrian Intelligence - The Early History of the New AI -- By Rodney A. Brooks
- Brains Behavior and Robotics -- By: Ernest W. Kent
- The Living Brain -- By: W Grey Walter
- Living Machines By: Mark W. Tilden & Brosl Hasslacher - available along with
- Other documents of interest, thanks to long time BEAM supporter Solarbotics.
- Bruce Robinson's post to the BEAM group on Yahoo in which he describes his H-Switch concept. (Unfortunately yahoo has dumped the illustrations)
- Archived copy of above post with illustrations intact
The following articles can be found on the Johuco Ltd. website.